When Writing/Life Is Hard

  Guys, this is a quick pop-in post to let y'all know that I am indeed alive and even though life is slowly eating away at my sanity I AM STILL HERE!

  Now, if someone could please invent a machine that creates clones so I can inhabit multiple bodies and actually accomplish things, that'd be great.

  Anyway. This month I've been working away at my third novel, Faithless, as my online writing course has demanded that October be a writing month to finish a novel. So I have buckled down and attempted to command the beast that is this story and bring it towards some sort of closing.

  Well, today I wrote the climax and second-last chapter.

  It sucked.

  I know, not the exciting announcement you pictured, eh? Well, it's true. To be honest the entire story kind of sucks and I am happy to be nearly finished with it more than anything. Not looking forward to editing though.

  There were a few reasons I wanted to write a post today:

  1) To tell you guys that the first draft of Faithless is almost complete.
 
  2) Because I haven't posted anything in a bazillion years.

  3) Because I want to complain.

  Complain about what you ask? A nominal question. I want to complain about everything.

  ***This is the part of the post where you may decide to quietly close your browser and move on with life rather than listen to me rant about mine. I'll give you a sec.***

  Still with me? Wonderful.

  Basically, life is an absolute whirlwind. Lots of good things are happening, but they also all want to happen at once (along with less than good things). I am really struggling to keep up with all I have to do.

  Farmwork.

    School.

       Actual writing.

          Social media for writing (eg, blogging).

             Trying to be an artist.

                Equestrian activities (lessons, riding my horses, paying for my horses).

                   Stressing about money.

                      Trying to spend time with people I care about.

                          Trying to practice photography.

                              Attempting to edit and self-publish.

                                 Wanting to read more books.

                                     Trying to find another job.

  This list could go on but you get the idea I'm sure. Mentally, I'm exhausted trying to keep up with it all. Writing has fallen way low in my priorities (as much as I don't want it to), especially trying to cultivate a writer's platform. I am miserably failing at that and thinking about it is pretty stressful. I want to be good at it, I want to be able to devote all my time to writing as a career. But I simply can't right now. There are too many other things demanding my time and attention and too many other things that I want to devote all my time to as well.

  It's like being pulled in a million different directions and it's kind of terrible.

  Like right now, I have a dozen other things I could and should be doing, but I felt the need to do this because I've been having a terrible time keeping up this blog and it's just...ugh. You feel me? Stressful.

  And unfortunately, I don't have a message to glean or leave you with from all this. I guess it's just something I need to work through.

  Who else out there is feeling overwhelmed by life? How do you deal with it when things are hard and busy? Show me your secrets, please!

Comments

Popular Posts