Writing Wednesday - Thin-Skinned (short-term beta readers wanted!)

  Well, I haven't done one of these for awhile, but I was hoping to share about my latest project with you guys and thought I'd drag out this old "Writing Wednesday" idea (maybe I'll use it occasionally).

  As some of you may have heard, I am entering the last phase of my U of C Creative Writing Course here right away. The course is called 'Final Project' and focuses on the entire act of writing a novel from start to finish. I'm currently working on my 10-15 page submission to send out in the middle of this month. I'm nearly finished with it and am looking for some short-term beta-readers to give it a quick read this upcoming weekend: February 11th and 12th.

  Are you interested in dystopias? Things like 1984, Brave New World, The Giver, Divergent, or The Hunger Games? This story may be right up your alley...


  In a world without death or imperfection sanitation worker, Tobias Keat, experiences the unthinkable: the tragic passing of his wife, Erah. However, he soon learns that while his wife as he knows her is gone, the government has supplied him with her cloned replacement to maintain their Utopian facade; a puppet he is forced to accept as his own.


    I'm just looking for betas for these first few pages (probably about two chapters) for the time being, just to get a bit of feedback on how the story reads. I would like to send it out by this weekend and have it back by Monday? If you've got some free reading time this weekend and would like to help me out I would be incredibly grateful!

  Drop a comment here or send me an email request if you're interested! And let me know if you've been working on anything lately, I love to hear about everyone else's works in progress. :D


Comments

Popular Posts