How to Set BALANCED Goals in 2022

  We may already be a whole month into 2022, but that doesn't stop me from thinking about my yearly goals! I tried something a little different this year, dividing my life into 4 different tenets and setting goals from there. Today I thought I'd walk you through this process, so if you have yet to set your new year goals, or you're curious to know what this new method might be, dive in with me below!

WHAT ARE THE 4 TENETS?


  For all intents and purposes, I have compartmentalized my life into these 4 tenets or sub-categories. Overall, the four categories encompass all the different areas of my life, and though you may need to tweak them as you see fit for yourself, generally speaking, they are pretty all-around. 

  So, the four tenets I chose are as follows:

  GROWTH (things I want to do to develop as a person, mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually)

  WORK (things I want to do to advance my career(s), make money, and have opportunities)

  PLEASURE (things I want to do just for the fun of it, things that bring me joy)

  OTHERS (things that bring me closer to people, and things I can do for those in my life and community)

  THE PURPOSE BEHIND THE TENETS


  Having 4 wings is all about BALANCE. Helping me to recognize areas that need re-balancing is one of the most useful parts of this system. Each month I can dip into my goals and see which area I'm lacking in, and *hopefully* do something to set it straight. Especially at the beginning of the year, mapping out my goals this way really showed me where I was putting the most weight in my life, and what needed some extra propping up. If I am able to utilize this pro of the system, I think it will really help me manage the craziness a little better, and hopefully stave the burnout that hovers on the edge of my adulthood, hahahahaha. 

  The compartmentalizing is also super helpful in how it keeps everything organized and straightforward. It makes goal-setting a lot easier when I have a picture of each area of my life.

SO, WHERE TO START?


  I sat down with my planner, some of my leftover to-do lists from 2021, and a big ol' whiteboard. From there, I sketched out the quadrant of tenets and began to list different things under them, like so...





  From there, once I had each section filled out with general things I wanted to work on, I got out my notebook, and went a little deeper, breaking down those general ideas into smaller, more actionable steps I could take, things that you could check off and accomplish throughout the coming months of 2022.




  And voila! Just like that - goals for 2022! 

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:





LET'S TALK.


  I know it's already February, but if you try out this method, let me know how it goes for you! You could even do it in a monthly goals format if you chose! What is your goal-setting method? And how are your 2022 goals coming so far? Let me know in the comments below!
  

  

Comments

Popular Posts