Bookaversary + Coming Soon!

  Welllll, my ACTUAL Bookaversary was on the 17th, so this is a bit late, but we'll just ignore that and get right into the festivities, shall we?



  It's crazy to believe that 2 WHOLE YEARS have passed since I independently published my debut novel. It was a learning curve, to be sure, and I still have so much to figure out about being an independent author, but it was an awesome experience. It's such an incredible feeling to have your very own story out and reaching audiences in the wide world.

  The Sorceress and the Squid was my first published book, and it brought me totally out of my comfort zone in many ways. It was my first venture into lighter fantasy, my first attempt at a middle-grade novel, and it wasn't originally meant to ever leave my laptop's dusty chambers at all. It's crazy how a little spark of a silly idea grew and grew and became my very first book.

  Of course, if you haven't read it yet what is wrong with you, it's been out for TWO YEARS I won't be too upset, but I would highly encourage you to check it out on Amazon and Goodreads and get it in your hands. It would be a perfect way to celebrate it's 2nd birthday. ;)

  The characters of Estrella and Jalen captured my heart a little less than five years ago as their story began to unravel in my head and tumble out of me onto the page. I couldn't keep up with them. It was as though I too was being pulled along on their wild and somewhat wacky adventure through the land of Perth, over land and sea, down rivers and to islands, from enemies to dear friends. I was left totally breathless at the end of writing their book, and I have missed them terribly since penning their final pages.



  I recently skimmed my archives for this novel, and came across a small treasure trove of deleted/extraneous scenes that never made the cut of the book. Either they weren't necessary, or they ended up taking place outside the plot's parameters. However, due to an excess of these little snippets, and the fact that I have found so many readers who loved the characters of Estrella and Jalen, I am currently concocting an elaborate scheme to share them with you sometime in the fall/winter! Yes, you heard correctly fans of Squid and Sorceress! I am planning on releasing new content of our favorite fairy-tale pair in the near(ish) future! 

  I'm undecided as of yet whether I will be releasing snippets through the newsletter subscription I have planned for the fall, or will make a small anthology collection for Kindle, or maybe even both? But it's going to happen for sure! I love these characters, and while I can't currently see any sequels on the horizon, there are definitely lots of small bits and pieces of their stories that I think people will enjoy seeing. What are your thoughts on this? Would you like to see a TSatS short story collection? Do you want more of my grumpy hermit sorceress and her sarcastic human-squid-human companion? I would love to get your feedback on this, so do let me know!

  I have one other exciting announcement to leave you with before I sign off for the next few weeks (I am headed to Australia on Sunday, which will be followed by a headlong dive into summer camp and I couldn't be more excited/exhausted!). Two years is a decent chunk of time since my last publishing venture, and while I've been working hard on more projects since then, I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't made any solid plans for my next release.

  Well, that is about to change right now. I felt that it would be appropriate to share my next release with you guys on my first book's birthday, and now that's I've got some things in the works, I feel it's only right to share a bit about my next book. :DD



  Here it is, folks! My first official announcement regarding the impending release of Faithless sometime late this year or early next (but hopefully sooner rather than later!). I finished my fourth draft of edits in January, sent it to the lovely Abigayle Claire for it's first edit, and am currently in talks with editors and cover designers for fall when I will be getting back into it to clean it all up for hopefully the final time! I've been working on Faithless irregularly since late 2016 and I'm very excited to share this story with you soon. It is VERY different from TSatS, from genre, to tone, to reading level, but my main character, Saagar, has enraptured my imagination no less than Estrella and Jalen, and I hope she will do the same for you come release! I don't have an official release day yet as I'm not 100% certain of the work left to do, but I'm pretty confident I can get this novel into your hands come the end of 2019. Fingers crossed!

  So, are you as excited as I am about these future releases? What are you looking forward to more? Can you believe Estrella and Jalen's story is already two whole years old? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Comments

  1. Oh wow has it been two years?? Congratulations! And I'm so excited for Faithless, it sounds AMAZING and right up my alley! (And hold up, how did I not know you were coming to Aus? *waves flag in welcome* I don't suppose you'll be around Sydney?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's crazy! Thank youuu, I can't wait to share Faithless with everyone. Yes, I am actually in the airport right now waiting to board, we're headed to Melbourne, so not too far actually!

      Delete
  2. I'm . . . pretty sure I own TSatS, but I just haven't read it?? *covers face* Oooooops. Congratulations on your bookaversary!!

    Super hyped for your upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasps* I would be incredibly honored to have you read it someday soon, Hanne!

      Thanks so much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts