Faithless - Everything You Need to Know About My Next Novel

  I teased a bit at this novel coming in a previous post, but today I thought I'd share a little more on my upcoming AU fiction, Faithless. 



Katarian refugee and dignitary, Sagaar Remus, is reunited with her husband, Damien Sparr, a convicted war criminal in the Outer Reach whose coup destroyed her country, her home, and her family. After seven years of separation she meets him in his prison cell, aghast by the atrocities he has committed in the name of his people. With her husband facing the executioner's block and conspiracy swimming around her, Saagar must decide whether to place her trust in the dangerous hands of her allies or with the man who left her to burn. 


  I am really excited to be seeing yet another story of mine coming to fruition (finally) and getting started on the road to publishing! Faithless has been a struggle to bring along, taking me in a billion different directions and through 5 revision stages already. It's certainly been a more demanding project than TSatS ever was!

  Since I haven't shared much about this novel yet and I want to get you all excited for the impending release, I put together a short FAQ about the book so you can learn a bit about its history and what you can expect to find in (fingers crossed) a few months!

  What genre is Faithless?

  This is a difficult one for me to answer, as I haven't quite worked that one out yet! It's set in an alternate universe, in a made up country with no ties to any place on our Earth, but it's not very sci-fi in terms of the technology and such. It's not dystopia per say...so I'm a bit confounded! I've been calling it dystopian AU but I don't entirely agree with that. So, in short, I have no clue! xD Which is totally unprofessional, I know.

What inspired you? 

  I actually dreamt up this story, in a sense. I was dreaming that my husband (who was then just my boyfriend) had been revealed to be a horrible murderer, and I was basically pouring my heart out angrily to him because of what he'd done. When I woke up I got to thinking what that would actually look like, to be so intimate with someone so evil, and then the idea for Faithless was born.

  How does this story compare to The Sorceress and the Squid

  They don't compare at all, lol. TSatS is middle-grade, fantasy fiction. Faithless is very much an adult book of a totally different ilk. If you liked my last book for the genre and style, then be prepared for something totally different here. I'm sure you can gather from the tone of the blurb that this story is much darker and more serious than my previous novel.

   Is this part of a series?

  Nope. Just like TSatS, this is a complete standalone. I have a few ideas for future series and a long fantasy epic that I've been working on for years, but so far all my published and soon-to-be published things are single stories.

Does Faithless have a playlist?

  I don't have a specifically made playlist for most of my books, but I do always have songs that totally remind me of my stories or characters and Faithless is no exception. A couple of my favorites to give you a better idea of the story...

  Deep End by Birdy



Do you have any blurbs to share?

  Actually, yes! 

  "Seeing him again, all of the past seven years seemed to melt away. She could only stand before him with a vulnerable, bleeding heart that had loved him far too deeply and paid the price.

 Beneath a scruff of tangled black hair and underneath a coarse beard she saw a smile playing at the corner of his lips and her heart twisted painfully. It was too gentle, too familiar…

  “I wondered if I’d be seeing you, Saagar,” he said. The shock of hearing his voice aloud left her speechless.

  “I’m surprised they haven’t brought you sooner to identify me. I was wondering if you were really dead.”

  According to the reports, those were his first words since his capture. The expressions of surprise on the guards’ faces told her that.

  Saagar was unable to form a response. Hatred filled her heart even as tears filled her eyes.

  “Your face…” he trailed off. She felt her skin grow hot with rage as she struggled to keep from screaming. He was mocking her. Even now. Her scars had always been a reminder of her folly and misguided trust. That he would dare to point them out now made her angrier than she could describe.

   “My face, yes. That’s your work, do you like it?”

  The words had tumbled out of her without warning. She had not intended to speak at all, afraid that speaking would bring a flood of angry tears to the surface. However, she was not crying. She was filled with a fury she could not hope to contain for long, but there were no tears. That, she was glad of."


 When will it be available??

  Soon! :DD I'm aiming to release this novel independently either at the end of this year or the beginning of next, depending on how my fall goes. So keep it in mind as the year goes on and be on the lookout for announcements!



  Well, there you are! A little bit about my upcoming release! What do you think? Are you excited to get this story into your hands? Let me know your thoughts below and drop a comment to help me get pumped up! 

Comments

  1. I'M DEFINITELY 100% EXCITED. WOOOHOOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeee I can't tell you how excited I am! I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so encouraging, thank you!! Excitement is better shared. :)

      Delete
  3. AAAAAAAAAAA This sounds so good! I'm so excited to read it! Best of luck on the publishing journey!

    Hanne || losingthebusyness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! I'm so excited to get it into your hands! :DD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts