2019 Quarterly Update #2

  June 1st

  *blinks*

  August 29th

  I guess that's summer then...?


  Yikes. It's already the end of summertime and the second quarter of 2019. Am I concerned with how quickly time is passing? Yes. Am I going to have an existential crisis about it? Also yes.




WRITING


  This summer season has been less writing work and more outlining work. I've done a TON of outlining for The Promise, the third book in my War of the Three Crowns fantasy series. I've filled many a page in my notebooks with character arcs, plotlines, and even some poetry. We won't talk about the haphazard scrawling of ideas for various projects, or the fact that I still haven't managed to outline the book that I was planning to write this fall, lolol.

  Before summer hit I did also manage to get through Abi's edits of Faithless, and of course I've announced to you guys my plans for that book. If you didn't hear, go check out this post all about my next release!! :DD

  Other than that, I've been enjoying a hiatus from this aspect of my life, but I am definitely ready to get back into the swing of things as fall rolls around.

MEDIA


  Reading was a joke through the months of July and August. I'm currently reading Aurora Rising and enjoying it. Before summer I powered through a couple of Neil Gaiman stories (American Gods and Stardust) as well as the Monstress graphic novels and The Near Witch by VE Schwab. No complaints in any of those. I've enjoyed the world-building in Monstress quite a lot, and The Near Witch really reminded me of The Sorceress and the Squid in some ways. Also, Neil Gaiman is king so of course those were awesome.

  Last week I finally got to see Stranger Things 3. I enjoyed it quite a bit but compared to the former seasons it didn't quite measure up. Still, I waited 2 years for new ST content and you bet I'm gonna eat it up.

  Will it inspire me to do some fanart after months away from my sketchbook? Possibly.

  Also, I finally downloaded Adobe Lightroom and guys, I'm IN LOVEEEEEE.

LIFE


  Welp. Life is life. Summer is always a crazy busy season for me and naturally this year was not any different whatsoever.

  What was I up to through the last four months?


  •  WEDDINGS: I went to not one, not two, but FIVE weddings between June and August. And, I was a bridesmaid in two of them and a photographer for one. Yes, it was a lot. BUT, it was quite fun and really neat to see all the different couples, different love stories, and different parties thrown. I enjoyed each one immensely. 

  • AUSTRALIA: One of said weddings was my cousin's, and since she lives Down Under, I had to travel on a 13 hour plane ride and made a vacation out of it. I've been once before but Australia is a magnificent country and I super enjoyed seeing it again and spending time with family. I posted some photos from the trip on my instagram and will continue to be posting more in the future if you're interested!

  • CAMP: I missed the staff training week and camp one due to my Australia trip, but I worked the rest of the summer for the eighth year in a row. There were new challenges and it was a more tiring year than past (guess I'm getting old) but still always amazing to see God working in the lives of kids and other staff. 


  That's more or less all I've been doing the past three months. Hopefully Jonathan and I will have some time to take a trip or two of our own this fall, and hopefully I can move seamlessly back into real life again here soon. 

  How was your summer quarter of 2019? Are you ready for a new school year to star again? What were your biggest summer adventures? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip Down Under! I hope it wasn't too cold when you came down. :D

    Oh wow that's a lot of weddings!! I didn't go to many myself, which is probably why I was able to get a lot of reading done. xD

    Can't wait to hear more about Faithless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely did! Nope, not too cold. All the Australians were apologizing for the weather, but honestly, it was about the same temperature as most of our summer here was. And we were blessed with lots of sunshine and not much rain, which I assume is atypical for Australian winter, so that was great!

      I should have just been reading books during the weddings I went to, haha.

      Thanks!!! I can't wait to share it with you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts