2020 Quarterly Update #2

   And just like that, the second quarter of 2020 is over. It definitely passed more quickly than the first, and was a lot more enjoyable as the first wave of world-wide pandemic eased. Not to mention being crazy busy, lol. 



WRITING

  At the end of June, I finished the first 20 chapters of The Promise, which is the third book in my fantasy The War of the Three Crowns. I was kinda impressed with myself for managing to get all the way to chapter 20 when my goal for the whole year is half-way (chapter 30) and as I go into the fall/winter quarter of 2020, I'm pretty glad that I only have ten chapters remaining to meet that goal. 

  As far as the rest of my writing goes, I've been trying to outline and plan for The Revenge (which will be book #4), Don't Insult the Witch, and The Snow Dragon. But that's going slowly, lol. In July and August I was so busy with work and various events that I didn't get much done, but I'm excited and ready to pick things up now into September!

MEDIA


  I've been slowly going through books this year, very slowly to my dismay. -_- I read both Suzanne Collins new Hunger Games release, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, as well as Veronica Roth's Chosen Ones. I enjoyed them both but I did find them a little bit disappointing in different areas. I also finally started reading the Chaos Walking trilogy and just finished book 3 (these books guys, these books. just read them)! Jonathan got me into them and I must say, I am absolutely hooked. They're the don't-stop-til-you're-finished type of story that just propels you through and through. 

  I know I'm almost 10 years late to the party, but we also started watching Sherlock for the first time this summer and I'm quite enjoying it. It's always funny to see something for yourself that's been so prominent on tumblr circles for so long. xD


LIFE


  Well, it's definitely been a crazy spring/summer season. With covid, a lot of my big activities were cancelled or postponed, including the regular camp season that I take part in through July/August. However, the time off of the "normal" stuff to enjoy having a good, old-fashioned summer of local adventures and fun with friends was very welcome. Not to say that it was quiet or un-busy by any means, haha. But it was a nice change of pace and I certainly enjoyed it. 

WORK. The unfortunate thing about summer when you're an adult is that you still have to work, lol. But I can't complain too much, my jobs have a lot of flexibility and are mostly things I enjoy so spending my weeks working horses, seeding fields, and baling hay wasn't too terrible. Especially the horses part. ;) This spring/summer I've gotten to try my hand at having a few client horses of my own and while I can't say as that I'm super interested in running my own business, I am glad for the experience and getting to work with new animals. Speaking of horses, my 2 babies are growing up! Arthur has 5 whole rides under his belt and Phoebe is well on her way to getting her first which will be very exciting!




HIKING/CAMPING. I went on quite a few different hikes from June to this past weekend, and, as always, hated everything about the climb, fell in love with the view, and marched back down satisfied. We also spent a weekend camping with my in-laws in Abraham Lake area, and in Waterton National Park this past weekend with friends. Definitely highlights of the summer adventures for sure!




HORSE CAMP. My boss and two other clinicians put together a week long horse camp in the mountains to learn all about your horse's feet, body, and brains respectively. I went as the assistant and got to have a whole wonderful week in the mountains with no service, just me and my horse with cool people and stunning views. This was among the best times of my summer and was such a good time to relax and replenish mentally. Without my phone, I could only focus on the present moment and it did wonders for me and my horse. We got some trail riding in but her favorite thing was swimming in the river since she is secretly a sea horse. 



CAMP. We managed to weasel in one week of summer camp despite covid restrictions by doing a week of day camps. The staff were allowed to stay for the week while hosting groups of kids during the day. It was weird to do camp with masks and constant sanitizing but it wasn't too bad at all. I was happy we got one week in for sure. 

Also in this summer, I turned 23 (ughhh) and celebrated my 3rd anniversary with Jonathan over a phone call from the top of the mountain where I could get phone service at the time. We also attended a beautiful wedding for some beautiful friends, and have enjoyed taking Percy around with us on our adventures.





YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 


2020 Quarterly Update #1



LET'S TALK. 



  How was your summer quarter of 2020? With so much cancelled and travel restrictions in place, what were you able to get out and do for fun and adventure? Are you excited or dreading the new school year? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

  1. Those hiking pictures look AMAZING! Such beautiful scenery!

    Congrats on your editing progress! I hope you're able to knock out the remaining chapters here in the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Alberta Rockies are certainly an amazing sight every time.

      Me too! Super excited to get to the half-way point by the end of the year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts